We are happy to announce our second international NISANSA conference,
in collaboration with NISANSA, ARUA and TSITICA:
'Pathways of Change in the social response to climate change in unequal societies in Sub-Saharan Africa and Northern South America'
*** Save the date – this transdisciplinary collaborative forum will take place in Cape Town, South Africa March 13th and 14th, 2024 ***
What is the Conference about?
This transdisciplinary forum aims to advance the understanding of pathways of change in social responses to climate change. Societies in Sub-Saharan Africa and Latin America are not only highly vulnerable to the impacts of climate change but also among the most multi-dimensionally unequal. Social responses to climate change are as diverse as the two regions themselves. Yet they share elements of innovation that can provide a better understanding of transformative change in climate resilient development pathways.
The forum invites abstracts, session and poster submissions from researchers and practitioners at all career stages to understand pathways of change in Southern Africa and Latin America. The concept of pathways will guide the two days of engagement between diverse participants from academia, and public and private sectors with a strong focus on the building blocks of innovation, transformation, and positive change. The meeting format caters for in-person exchanges with partial online streaming at the conference facilities at Cape Town’s Graduate Business School in South Africa.
Guiding questions for the conference are:
· How do societies respond to climate change in unequal societies in the Global South?
· How do different perceptions and societal actors shape social responses to climate change?
· How do societal actors change rules and build innovative institutions in the governance of climate change?
· How can existing pathways be inclusively transformed towards a good life and sustainable livelihoods for all?
· How can common approaches such as “nature-based solutions”, “integrated water management”, and “just transitions” contribute to changing pathways?
If your work focuses on these questions, consider joining the forum to share your experiences and knowledge either through a poster, active participation or a dedicated session.
If your our work focuses on these questions, consider joining the forum to share your experiences and knowledge either
through a poster, active participation or a dedicated session.
Kindly express your interest for attendance right here
- Poster proposal and contrubutions submission by 02 February 2024 (Extended Deadline)
- Notification of acceptance by 07 of February 2024
- Session proposals can be submitted to LXXMOR001@myuct.ac.za
***preliminary program will follow soon, so please check out our website for any news or follow us on Instagram ***